Thursday 7 August 2014

What am I reading at the moment

I always have books on the go and am rarely reading just one book. Here is my current list, each at different stages of completion and contemplation.


Hamilton Hume, Our Greatest Explorer by Robert Macklin


A present from my son Matt in 2016, this was a new book (published 2016) that I had not heard about before. We all learnt about the explorations of 'Hume and Hovell' so the name was familiar. What Australian journalist and author Robert Macklin has produced is a well researched biography of the great Australian who, most notably, led the expedition from Sydney to Port Philip bay – the future site of Melbourne. It is also a potted history of the early colony of NSW, with its many intrigues and characters.

Currently enjoying the read.



No comments:

Post a Comment